CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Function delay

Function delay

I have to download a text file from my web server then call a read function that uses ifstream. Both work separately with no problems but when I try to get them to work together it fails miserably. The read function can't do its job unless the file has been downloaded, so I put URLDownloadToFile() first in the execution. Once the file is downloaded the next thing is read opens and reads the file. What I'm trying to do is have this in a continuous loop. I tried the nested for loop method..

Code:
    for(int i = 0; i < 100; i++){
     read()
     for(int j = 0; j < 50; j++){
      URLDownloadToFile() }
    }
    But when I add it to the bottom of my code right before the return 0, it compiles fine, but it never executes in run time. Maybe because I have 8 threads starting above the code but I don't see how that could affect it. Any suggestions? If I left something out let me know, Thanx.

Re: Function delay

You need to check the download status by LPBINDSTATUSCALLBACK and when finished just open and read the file.

URLDownloadToFile just returns S_OK on successfully starting of download but not indicating the finish line.
    ◄◄ hypheni ►►