CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Crystal formatting issue...possibly

I'm new to writing Crystal reports and I need help with the way my data displays. I have a report that I'm trying to emmulate that has the same variable for different days listed horizontally. The report that I wrote lists the data down the page. I changed the layout but that just made the page wider. Any help woulf be greatly appreciated! The report that I'm trying to duplicate is called ansos payroll report and the one that I've created is ansos.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Crystal formatting issue...possibly

See if designing a Cross Tab report resolves your problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp3_Vy1eSXo
    JG

... If your problem is fixed don't forget to mark your threads as resolved using the Thread Tools menu ...

That may be the ticket but it looks like I need to define each day as a variable and I'm not sure how to do that. Ideas?

Explain this, please
    ...it looks like I need to define each day as a variable and I'm not sure how to do that...
    I think that you only need to set the RecordSelection formula to read only a certain range of dates
    JG

... If your problem is fixed don't forget to mark your threads as resolved using the Thread Tools menu ...

It looks like the cross tab only summarizes the data. I want to list the actually list the data grouped by employee name on the same line.

You're right...

If you're using an application, maybe you can add a new routine where you do the filter and the arrangement using a temporary table and then print the report from that table
    JG