CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

C# Auto Login to gmail

Hi There!

I have an intranet application, written in asp.net C#,

users enter the intranet, using their domain, username and password, we use google applications and gmail for our company's email, I have a button that allow user connect to gmail URL, Users use same username and password for their gmail account, how can I write a code to auto login to gmail when their click this button, without asking the username and password.

basically, auto login to their mail,

Thanks in advance,

Re: C# Auto Login to gmail

Without asking their username or password - sorry, that is illegal and not allowed on this forums

Hi!

My reading of the question didn't seem like this involved anything illegal. It seems like the poster already knows the username and passwords required to authenticate his users to GMail and was wondering about the technical details of doing so given the Google API. Is the objection that it's against the Google TOS...? (I'm not sure if it is)

If that's all you're asking, you might find Google's documentation useful: https://code.google.com/apis/account...ngStarted.html

Otherwise, could the original poster please clarify the situation (or Hannes clarify the objection?).

[If a real objection exists that I have not appreciated, Hannes, please feel free to blank this post using your moderation powers].
    Best Regards,

BioPhysEngr
    http://blog.biophysengr.net
    --
    All advice is offered in good faith only. You are ultimately responsible for effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on.

Hi BioPhysEngr,

Thank you very much for your reply, I'll take a look at the documentation an let you know, of course this is legal to do this, because users, instead of writing their username and password twice, just write it down once, and the code take care of rest,

Best Regards,