CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

[RESOLVED] New MFC Project Errors

I finally broke down and installed Visual C++ 2010 on my PC. I go to try a silly example by generating an MFC project and building it. I used defaults and entered no new code but I end up with 8 errors (well three really, given duplicates).

How can I fix this?
    Code:
    Error	4	error C2504: 'CDialogEx' : base class undefined	c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 10.0\vc\atlmfc\include\afxribbonkeyboardcustomizedialog.h	35	1	Ex1_04

Error	1	error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'm_Impl'	c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 10.0\vc\atlmfc\include\afxdialogex.h	60	1	Ex1_04

Error	2	error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int	c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 10.0\vc\atlmfc\include\afxdialogex.h	60	1	Ex1_04
    Last edited by Tom Frohman; March 9th, 2012 at 08:22 PM.
    Verere testudinem! (Fear the turtle)

Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. -Albert Einstein

Robots are trying to steal my luggage.

Re: New MFC Project Errors

If you have the express version, it doesn't support MFC.

It is the Professional Version.
    MS Visual Studio 2010 Professional.

Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. -Albert Einstein

Seems like you didn't install the MFC feature pack. Maybe it's an option in the installer. Or maybe you have to download and install it separately.
    Cheers, D Drmmr

Please put [code][/code] tags around your code to preserve indentation and make it more readable.

As long as man ascribes to himself what is merely a posibility, he will not work for the attainment of it. - P. D. Ouspensky

Quote Originally Posted by D_Drmmr View Post
    Seems like you didn't install the MFC feature pack. Maybe it's an option in the installer. Or maybe you have to download and install it separately.
    I see a MFC Feature Pack for 2008 online but none for 2010.

Anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Frohman View Post
    Anybody?
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...d-6251b4b99d69

Regards,

Paul McKenzie

I don't see how this applies. I'm not converting a project from 2008 to 2010 I'm creating a new project with 2010. It seems like it should automatically work because I'm haven't added anything to the project.

Thanks, Tom Frohman

Still need help.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Frohman View Post
    I don't see how this applies. I'm not converting a project from 2008 to 2010 I'm creating a new project with 2010. It seems like it should automatically work because I'm haven't added anything to the project.
    I posted the link because the error is the same error you're seeing, or very close to the same error. It doesn't hurt to check those settings, regardless of whether it is a brand new project or not.

Regards,

Paul McKenzie

[Resolved] New MFC Project Errors

I tried a repair reinstall of Visual Studio. That didn't work.
    Next, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Then when I created a new project it compiled the first time. Thanks, to all who tried to help.

Tom