CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

windows application

hi everyone,

i am new to c sharp and was wondering how i would import a text file of ten records into a textbox created onto a windows application, and also edit the file and save any changes made in the textbox. the user should also be able to scroll through each record. each line would look like this Bloggs,Alan,Steve,1988/12/29,M. any help would be much appreciated

Re: windows application

Quote Originally Posted by alanbrazil View Post
    hi everyone,

i am new to c sharp and was wondering how i would import a text file of ten records into a textbox created onto a windows application, and also edit the file and save any changes made in the textbox. the user should also be able to scroll through each record. each line would look like this Bloggs,Alan,Steve,1988/12/29,M. any help would be much appreciated
    As you are a newbie in Cä first I would recommand to read a good bookabout C#
    I'm sure there are lots of them available on the web.

Learning something like a language starts with knowing about the semantics of that language so you know what all expressions are used like '==' or '=!' ... Then you need to learn its logic and how to do a correct structure of the program and also the structure of a command line itself.

Also you need to learn terms lioke namespace, generic, abstract, ... a lot of them
    And you dont need only to learn the definition, you also need to learn what this is in practise
    It will not need very long id you do this along a good starterbook
    Then, when you are familar you will find your problem very easy and using the correct namespace you will find all methods you need to do what you want to do. Its easy to do something when a person knows what to do.
    But think, would you try to understand russia TV when you just started to say 'spassiba' (which is thank you ) You need to learn first and its useless to show you any code before you arre able to even read it.
    Jonny Poet

To be Alive is depending on the willingsness to help others and also to permit others to help you. So lets be alive. !
    Using Code Tags makes the difference: Code is easier to read, so its easier to help. Do it like this: [CODE] Put Your Code here [/code]
    If anyone felt he has got help, show it in rating the post.
    Also dont forget to set a post which is fully answered to 'resolved'. For more details look to FAQ's about Forum Usage. BTW I'm using Framework 3.5 and you ?
    My latest articles :
    Creating a Dockable Panel-Controlmanager Using C#, Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7