CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: What next ?

Question What next ?

I am thinking about what should I invest into next ?

I work from 8 to 5 with only 1 hour for lunch (I think it should be 1 1/2 ) from Mon to Fri as a web developer. I don't want to lose/ignore my previous stuff (making desktop applications). But lately I have heard that all desktop applications will die out soon because the time for web/phone applications is coming along.

Re: What next ?

But lately I have heard that all desktop applications will die out soon because the time for web/phone applications is coming along.
    Those same people have been saying for 10 years that the desktop pc will die soon. Yeah... right.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizmo View Post
    Those same people have been saying for 10 years that the desktop pc will die soon. Yeah... right.
    Yes, life is short. Time flies so quickly. I still remember my first days on CG, . I was stuuupiiiiidd.

Ejaz is offline Elite Member Power Poster

I would say to invest into what you are best at doing. If you can come at the top, then surely you won't have regrets.

It will be a long long time before desktop pc's die out - if ever. yes, the whole world is making a whole hoo-ha about web and phone apps and the cloud. Think about this: how would a secretary do all her work on a smartphone? Yes, she will be able to send emails, but typing large documents, not possible.

I decided to look for another job in a new freshly established company, just sent my CV to the head hunters; they'll reply soon tomorrow . oh yezzzz.