CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Trouble using Android SDK

I'm new to Android Application Development. I recently got an Android phone, and so, decided to give Android App Dev a try. I'm using this link http://developer.android.com/training/index.html to learn Android App Dev.

Now for my problem. I'm having a little trouble using the Android SDK. When I use the 'android create project' command in the commandline the project is successfully created, but when I try to run the 'ant debug' command, it says "'ant' is not a recognized internal or external command". What's more, when I change directories to the root of my project, and try to execute the 'adb install' command, it says "can't find <file path> to install".

Can someone help me with this problem?

I've also posted this in the Java Programming threads because I'm not sure where the post belongs. If it's inappropriate to post here, please let me know, and I shall take it down.

Re: Trouble using Android SDK

You need to add the path that had the Android SDK binaries to your PATH env var. Or, explicitly specify the path, for example:
    Code:
    C:\AndroidSDK\bin\adb
    Viggy

I've already added 'tools' and 'platform-tools' to my environment PATH variable.

That's not what I'm having an issue with. The issue (and also the reason why the adb install command is giving an error) is, that there is not '.apk' file in the directory of the project. Why the program didn't make an apk file while creating the project, I have no idea.

PS: In my post, <file path> represents the path of the file. The error actually says "can't find c:\androidapps\myfirstapp\...myfirstapp-debug.apk to install".
    Sorry, didn't mean to confuse you.

I'm still waiting on a reply. Can someone please help me with this problem?