CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Own minimize button

Yo

I have really noobs question, but i lost 2 day trying to find any solution. Im trying to do my own minimize button. I just starter learning C++ in Visual Express 2010 and i don't need it for anything importany. Just this is iritating for me, why exit button is so easy, but minimize not! I dont want do minimize to tray. Just normal minimiza to task bar. I found that i can easly do it with MFC, but its look like Express do not support this libary. If i can please, i need example or code how i can build my own minimize button in Express 2010.

Thx for help

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: Own minimize button

What do you mean by "own" minimize button? What is wrong with a standard minimize button?
    Victor Nijegorodov

I want to change look of "standard" minimize button, and also position, and size, and image, and... oh... thats it. So i thing i have two ways. Figure out how to change properties of original button, or hide it and create my own.

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

You seem to have owner drawing on the non-client area of the window. This Q&A article http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0197/c/c0197.aspx would be a good start.
    Note that it uses MFC, but you would have to handle WM_NCPAINT and WM_NCACTIVATE messages directly in your window procedure...
    Victor Nijegorodov

hmm... Ok i try to figure this out. Thx for the tips

Quote Originally Posted by Polak149 View Post
    I dont want do minimize to tray. Just normal minimiza to task bar.
    You can provide your custom minimize handler for the standard button. Why do you need it looking different but doing generally the same? Did you ever think that your code (and button image and visual effects of course) must adapt to any theme user may have applied?
    Best regards,
    Igor

Yes. And normaly i woudn't change that. But now i'm learning c++ and i was just curious if I can change that button. Just for learning.