CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Question Browsing Media Server Content

I am currently playing around with uPnp. I made a small Control Point program to check the content of the selected media server.

I was finally able to connect to the server but I don't know what command or its format I need to send / post to the server

I have been checking the documents in Upnp but I could not found any hint. So I am hopping if anybody here knows

*** Con Tu Adios, Te Llevas, Mi Corazon***

Traveling Encoder...

Re: Browsing Media Server Content

To use VLC to browse UPnP servers like MediaTomb, you must turn on the Universal Plug n Play Services Discovery module. To do so, open VLC, go to Tools and Preferences, select All under Show settings, open Playlist, select Services discovery, and check Universal Plug'n'Play. Then, click Save and exit VLC.

Now you can reopen VLC. To browse UPnP servers, click the Playlist button, open Local Network in the left pane, and choose Universal Plug'n'Play.

Re: Browsing Media Server Content

Asset is a UPnP (DLNA compatible) audio server, UPnP is a method of sharing media content between devices. Typically audio files are stored on a computer, server or NAS, multiple audio devices around the home network can play audio from the UPnP server (devices such as Linn DS, XBox 360, PS3, etc).