CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

New in Android Application Development

Hello All,

I am new on this forum as well as in android application development. I hope this forum will help me a lot.

Re: New in Android Application Development

First we should know: What Android is not?

A Java ME implementation — Android applications are written using the Java language,
    but they are not run within a Java ME (Mobile Edition) VM, and Java-compiled classes and
    executables will not run natively in Android.
    Part of the Linux Phone Standards Forum (LiPS) or the Open Mobile Alliance (OMA)
    Android runs on an open-source Linux kernel, but, while their goals are similar, Android’s
    complete software stack approach goes further than the focus of these standards-defining
    organizations.
    Simply an application layer (such as UIQ or S60) — Although Android does include an application
    layer, “Android’’ also describes the entire software stack, encompassing the underlying
    operating system, the API libraries, and the applications themselves.
    A mobile phone handset — Android includes a reference design for mobile handset manufacturers,
    but there is no single “Android phone.” Instead, Android has been designed to support
    many alternative hardware devices.
    Google’s answer to the iPhone — The iPhone is a fully proprietary hardware and software
    platform released by a single company (Apple), whereas Android is an open-source
    software stack produced and supported by the Open Handset Alliance (OHA) and designed
    to operate on any compatible device.

Re: New in Android Application Development

"Hello! Android "... One of the best book of Android development....