CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Question wordsearch puzzle complete vb6 or vb5

Does anyone have a complete program for word serach puzzles and wants to help him adapt to the puzzle as it is in my country?

Re: wordsearch puzzle complete vb6 or vb5

Magic maybe? Hard to say without knowing what you are asking...
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

I have done this in VB.NET. Have you at least attempted some code? With what exactly are you struggling?

The assembler code (of course) Class project.
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Quote Originally Posted by HanneSThEGreaT View Post
    I have done this in VB.NET. Have you at least attempted some code? With what exactly are you struggling?
    I tried something in VB6 Portable Edition and to some extent it works. The problem is that my program is messy and expansive
    Can I do your program is written in. Net run in Visual Studio 2008 or 2010 to have?

Or would it be easier to explain to you how the puzzle should look like so that you try to add code to an existing program?

Name:  new-1.JPG
Views: 2437
Size:  80.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by sinankrstarica View Post
    I tried something in VB6 Portable Edition and to some extent it works. The problem is that my program is messy and expansive
    Then it is a challenge to you, to find ways to cut it down, clean it up, make it more efficient, etc. It would be a shame to deprive you of that by handing you finished code

However, I would say, judging by the screenshot you posted, that it might be better to have a larger field of letters in which to place the words. Otherwise it becomes too easy to find them. The way I wrote mine was to have a user-selectable puzzle size, but never so many words as to nearly fill every square. Lots of unused letters for the words to hide in.
    Please remember to rate the posts and threads that you find useful.
    How can something be both new and improved at the same time?

As I said, The problem is that my program is messy and expansive, I say to other developers, I know what is what in there The program works and meets all the conditions, but I know that what he does can make better and be faster. So help in relation to the algorithm itself fill. The program has an option that the user specifies the size puzzles

I said in the first post to this puzzle in my country is very different from Western Wordsearch! Perhaps it is easier to solve, but it is certain that it is harder to make this puzzle
    In this puzzle in my country there are no unused letters. All letters are or parts of words or parts of the final solution! Even there is a variation of this puzzle in which all the squares filled with letters of the word. in the puzzle are typed only the first letters of a word and the other letters entered solver A single letter may not be the first letter of a few words ... But whatever, these are the rules of standard puzzle:

Every word in the puzzle must be associated with at least two other words.
    On the other hand, The word should not be associated with all of your letters.
    Must be present all 8 directions. It is good that all directions are equally represented.
    Letters that remain as the final solution should have been distributed throughout the puzzle. not good to take three more letters touch.
    etc

Is there a ready algorithm which could add these conditions or any idea?
    Last edited by sinankrstarica; June 23rd, 2013 at 03:16 AM.

Thanks for clarifying the requirements.

The first thing which comes to mind is to have the algorithm generate the puzzle without some of those parameters being checked along the way. Once the puzzle has been completed, it can then be checked for compliance. If it fails, a new puzzle would be generated. I think that using most of the letter positions should, by default, satisfy most of the conditions.

Perhaps if you post your algorithm, I and others can make useful suggestions.
    Please remember to rate the posts and threads that you find useful.
    How can something be both new and improved at the same time?

I have to repeat my program works, ends the task successfully. Such a puzzle like the picture done for 2-5 seconds. Depends on the number of words in a dictionary. I was curious how other developers are doing. I was curious if I write some code for the same this to see if it can all easily and quickly.