CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Not able to connect with Oracle 11 from VC++ in VS 2008 using Oracle ODBC driver in W

I was using Windows XP 32 bit o/s and I had a 32 bit application that was connecting with Oracle 11g database using Oracle ODBC driver.

Recently my company upgraded my machine to Window7, 64 bit SP1 o/s. I tried the following cases to get my app establish a odbc connection with the database but I was without luck so thought of check with the experts like.

Case1:
    Used my 32 bit application – with 64 bit oracle driver
    Got error:
    The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the drive

Case 2:
    Convert 32 bit to 64 bit application – with 64 bit oracle driver
    Got error:
    Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 126: The specified module could not be found. (Microsoft ODBC for Oracle, C:\WINDOWS\system32\msorcl32.dll).

Case 3:
    Used my 32 bit application – with 32 bit oracle driver
    Got error:
    Data source name not found and no default driver specified

I don’t think I am the only guy to get this issue. My Google searches were not successful to get the solution to keep me going. I would appreciate any help to cross this hurdle.

Re: Not able to connect with Oracle 11 from VC++ in VS 2008 using Oracle ODBC driver

If I thought I'm not the only guy in trouble, I would quit Microsoft ODBC for Oracle and start with this
    64-bit Oracle Data Access Components (ODAC) Downloads
    Best regards,
    Igor

GCDEF is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Re: Not able to connect with Oracle 11 from VC++ in VS 2008 using Oracle ODBC driver

There are 32 and 64 bit ODBC administrators. Whichever one you're using to create the DSN, try the other one.