CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Very new to Crystal Reports 2013

Please forgive my ignorance in advance - I need to change font color of a specific record based on information found in another record. Somethink like this:

Column 1 Column 2
    x1 75
    x2 74
    x3 72
    x4 75
    x5 75

x6 72

Column 1 Column 2
    x1 72
    x2 74
    x3 72
    x4 75
    x5 75
    x6 72

x1 Column 1 and 2 are the criteria that formatting is based on. If any other record in Column 2 equals the same at Column 2 for record x1, then the formatting would be the same (bold, red). If x1 - Column 2 changes, then the formatting and the number is no longer the same, the formatting would return to the default and another record that now matches x1-Column 2 would take on the formatting. I work with large groups of data that need to have indicators that match specific criteria and is able to change when the data changes.

I hope I am making sense. I have tried to use a formula without success and the highlighting expert doesn't work this way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dsr58

Re: Very new to Crystal Reports 2013

Sorry - I forgot to list that I use Crystal Reports 2013.

Re: Very new to Crystal Reports 2013

Select any result in the field for Column C. On the tool bar, chose the Highlighting Expert button (Yellow box). From there, you can enter criteria for what you want highlighted). Here is a Youtube link with step by step instructions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dHA_HGGBF8