CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

[RESOLVED] Convert From C# to Managed C++ and C++/CLI

Hi Iam tryin to convert my Digit To Words class from c# to VC++... And the following line I am facing trouble

String^ strNum;
    String^ strNumDec;
    String^ StrWord;
    strNum = Convert::ToString(Num); // Num is Decimal Parameter
    blah..blah...blah...

StrWord = ((double.Parse(strNum) == 1) ? " Rupee " : " Rupees ") + NumToWord((decimal)(double.Parse(strNum))) + ((double.Parse(strNumDec) > 0) ? (" and Paise" + cWord3((decimal)(double.Parse(strNumDec)))) : "");

Thanks

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Re: Convert From C# to Managed C++ and C++/CLI

What is the problem?

If what you posted is the actual code you tried to compile as C++/CLI, you're facing two syntactical issues:

While C# uses the dot operator for all sorts of class member access, C++/CLI uses that one for instance members of value types only. For instance members of reference types it uses -> instead, and :: for static members of both reference and value types.

Unlike C#, C++/CLI doesn't feature a keyword synonym for the System::Decimal type. So you'd need to write it with a capital D to directly refer to the actual type. (I assume you have a using namespace System; in effect, since otherwise you couldn't declare String variables without explicitly specifying the namespace either.)

This would lead to the following changes to your code line:

Code:
    StrWord = ((double::Parse(strNum) == 1) ? " Rupee " : " Rupees ") + NumToWord((Decimal)(double::Parse(strNum))) +
      ((double::Parse(strNumDec) > 0) ? (" and Paise" + cWord3((Decimal)(double::Parse(strNumDec)))) : "");
    Also, C-style casts as we have them here should generally be avoided. Here I'd suggest to at least use static_cast instead. Admittedly, that will make the code look even more ugly and make it harder to read. Why not simply parse to a Decimal directly using Decimal::Parse()??

And please use code tags when posting code.
    Last edited by Eri523; April 28th, 2014 at 01:07 PM.
    I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam; I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me.

This is a snakeskin jacket! And for me it's a symbol of my individuality, and my belief... in personal freedom.

Thanks Eri...Your reply cleared me very well.
    Thanks for all replies.

Thanks & Regards
    Mahey