CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Crystal Reports

Question Crystal Reports

hello friends,

I'm taking the first steps in "Crystal Reports 2008" and I need help.

My problem is, how and where I will get the information of "original or duplicate", to insert in my document. eg for a delivery (table SDELIVERY).

best regards
    BMSG

Re: Crystal Reports

Hello BMSG,

You did not mention the field name for the information you are trying to obtain. Lets say that a field in your (table SDELIVERY) is named [SDELIVERYTYPE]. The [SDELIVERYTYPE] would contain information if the delivery was "original" or "duplicate". If you wanted to know how many for each, you have several ways to obtain the results. Lets keep it simple and have the results displayed on a data list.
    Option 1
    You could simply drag and drop the [SDELIVERYTYPE] field in the data section and the results would be displayed.

Option 2
    Lets say you wanted to rename what is displayed for the result. You will need to create a formula.
    Add a new formula and name it something to identify your intended result.
    For example, lets call it [Delivery Type]. Your first formula would look like this:

If [SDELIVERYTYPE] = "original" then "Original Delivery" else
    If [SDELIVERYTYPE] = "duplicate" then "Duplicate Delivery"

simply drag and drop the new formula [Delivery Type] field in the data section and the results would be displayed

Option 3
    You could create a cross-tab to display your delivery results. Step-by-step instructions are on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp3_Vy1eSXo

There are also other options, but that would involve creating a bunch of formulas. I hope the three options get you started.

Sorry, I forgot to ask. Is your Crystal Reports 2008 already connected to a database? If so, you will need to create a new Crystal Report, choose the database, and select the table you want. You can go through the wizard or just hit finish. Once you select your table, you will be able to pick the fields associated with the table.

Hello,
    thanks by your sugestion, another person take my problem and solved with code in ERP.
    thans again

BMSG