Hello all,

I would like to make a GUI for my program, where there will be a text box in it.

That text box must be able to show a time stamp in front of each line, parse text for colors and formatting (such as bold text).. It must be able to handle millions of lines without slowing down..

In fact I'm trying to do a text box similar to the ones in many IRC programs or whatever, the only difference is that it won't be people sending text into the text box, but another program on a distant computer (this isn't a problem yet). My GUI will be a sort of realtime log viewer, where I can see information text as black, errors as red, important messages as blue, whatever... You get what I mean?

So it appears that it's a very hard thing to do, especially for a beginner like me. I know about AvalonEdit, which is awesome for making a code editor, it can display millions lines with no problem, it doesn't flicker when scrolling, it can parse text colors, it can show a column for line numbers which I tried to replace by a time stamp, but failed... And it's full of other features good for a code editor, but that I will never use, so, it isn't really what I need, I think. Too bad, because it's truely an awesome thing.

I'm just asking you, do you know something similar to AvalonEdit but that would better satisfy my needs ?

Sorry for my bad english, thanks in avance