CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Conversion from VB 6.0/ Oracle 8i to PHP/ Oracle or PHP/ MySQL

Conversion from VB 6.0/ Oracle 8i to PHP/ Oracle or PHP/ MySQL

I had developed a hospital domain software, using Visual Basic 6.0 as frontend, Oracle 8i as backend and Crystal Report 7 for reporting. The software was a client-server one and became a foolproof one in last ten years and running in a number of hospitals. But due to the popularity of the web based software, the same is tried to convert to web based using PHP/Oracle and PHP/MySQL. But the software was built in such a way that most of the logics are in the backend (Oracle) rather in Visual Basic. The complicated logic/ programmings are developed using Packages (Stored Procedures) and the front end (Visual Basic) is used only for passing the parameters from frontend to the database and from the database to the frontend (the interface).
    Can anyone help me providing the information on how I can convert the same software with the domain to PHP/Oracle and PHP/MySQL. Is it possible to do that as uptill now, with the limited knowledge of PHP/ backend, I am stuck.

Re: Conversion from VB 6.0/ Oracle 8i to PHP/ Oracle or PHP/ MySQL

MySQL Migration Toolkit MySQL Migration Toolkit 6.1 - It allows you to convert any data source to MySQL and vice versa.
    Last edited by bestellen; September 15th, 2015 at 04:09 PM.