If this post should have been posted in the C++ thread, let me know. It involves Visual Studio 2013, so I posted it here. There's something annoying going on with Visual C++ 2013 intellisense and I'm wondering if there's some way to 'fix' it. With regard to intellisense (in a console program), when the intellisense window pops up with the list of variables, keywords, function names, etc, I have to manually highlight the item in the list, and *then* hit Enter to get the name into the code. In fact, the only name that I haven't had to do this with when typing is the #include <iostream> statement. In that particular case, the focus goes right to the intellisense window with the current best guess name highlighted. But for every other intellisense item...cout, cin, my own variables, anything... I have to manually highlight the item int the intellisense window to give it focus. Is there any way to get the focus to go into the intellisense window automatically? Perhaps through an option or preference or something?