CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

How do I recover a corrupt PowerPoint presentation?

I would like to suggest three way to recover corrupted or damaged PPT.

Method 1: Move the MS PowerPoint to different location : this is first and very useful method to repair corrupt PPT file. Copy presentation and paste it on other computer hard.

Method 2: Open presentation in MS word document:
    If you have tried above method, but still facing same problem then try to open corrupt PowerPoint in MS Word. Follow this below steps:
    • Open MS Word.
    • Click on Open button of File menu.
    • Select Files of type box and navigate to your corrupt file, Open it.

Method 3: Use 3rd-party PowerPoint file recovery tool: If above both methods don't word and you are still unable to recover corrupt ppt file, then try ppt recovery tool. This tool can handle any type of corruption and errors without any problem and data loss. It can repair PowerPoint presentation files having .ppt, .pptx, .pps, .ppsx etc file formats.

To get more information visit http://www.nucleustechnologies.com/P...r-Software.php

Thumbs up Re: How do I recover a corrupt PowerPoint presentation?

If your PowerPoint presentation is corrupted and you want to repair it, you must try few easy manual tricks before using any third-party paid software.

Repair PowerPoint Presentations with Easy Tricks | N. Sem's Blog

In this blog post, you'll read about four different manual tricks for repairing corrupt PowerPoint presentation files. You can use them one by one. But if the tricks fail or don't work for you, then only you should try a professional tool. I hope the shared blog post would be helpful for you.

Thanks and best regards.