CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Header SOAPAction is empty

Hi!

I have a really annoying problem and I really appretiate any help I can get.

I have created a webservice serverapplication that is called on from a weblogic client written in Java. I have no control over the client and can not change its behaviour in any way, I am dependent on this client to send me notifications. The problem is that the client is sending an empty SOAPAction header:

POST /Notification/Service.asmx HTTP/1.1
    Content-Type: text/xml; charset="utf-8"
    SOAPAction: ""
    User-Agent: Java1.5.0_14
    Host: 127.0.0.1:1535
    Accept: text/html, image/gif, image/jpeg, */*; q=.2
    Connection: Keep-Alive
    Content-Length: 279

.Net requires the SOAPAction header to be non-empty which it isn't thus I'm getting a HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error and the error description is xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><soap:Body><soap:Fault><faultcode>soap:Client</faultcode><faultstring>System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction.

I have googled this but no luck in finding answers. Does anybody have a solution to this problem or do I have to program the webservice in Java?

Thanks!!
    Nils

Re: Header SOAPAction is empty

I have exactly the same situation.

Client have some "working" WS written in Java and nobody will change anything on client side. So I wrote server side Web service. But also receiving error 500 in IIS logs and:
    "System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction: ."