CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Cool Anybody remember Sequiter Software's Codebase 6.5?

Greetings!

I have several applications I've developed which use Sequiter Software's Codebase 6.5 database engine. This is a DLL based system that uses FoxPro compatible files. The CD from Sequiter included full source code, enabling developers such as myself to make tweaks and recompile the DLL. Very nice.

Sequiter appears to have disappeared from the face of the earth. Before they disappeared, they periodically released software updates. I believe their last release was version 6.5 R3.

Does anyone know how I can obtain this latest release? I believe it was release approximately 12 years ago.

Thanks to all!

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: Anybody remember Sequiter Software's Codebase 6.5?

Are you banned by Google?
    Or none of the links from https://www.google.ch/search?q=Sequi...odebase+6.5+r3 works?
    Victor Nijegorodov

I've attempted that search, but everything in the result set looks like an opportunity to download virus software.

If any of the search results look legit to you, please recommend.

Sorry, but I don't care. I use since 2000 MS Access and since 2009 MS SQL Server 2008/2008 R2/...
    Victor Nijegorodov

Hi GBergmann, I haven't personally heard of it, but I would suggest two things. 1) run the search from a Linux Live CD or virtual machine. 2) When you do find the latest release, transfer all of the data from your old applications to an SQL DB. Something that disappeared off the radar 12 years ago is not a good thing to rely on.

GBergmann, I understand your pain.
    It was/is a really good solution and migrating to something like SQL at this point is too big a job.
    Here is a link to the latest version that I have which I think is what you need.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...int=file%2czip

I found this post because I've been having some performance issues since some of my clients moved to 2012 Server. I cant get support anywhere (they really have disappeared off the face of the planet).
    If you have any pointers or know of any other forums, hopefully you can return the favour.

Quote Originally Posted by CBInNeed100 View Post
    GBergmann, I understand your pain.
    It was/is a really good solution and migrating to something like SQL at this point is too big a job.
    Here is a link to the latest version that I have which I think is what you need.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...int=file%2czip

I found this post because I've been having some performance issues since some of my clients moved to 2012 Server. I cant get support anywhere (they really have disappeared off the face of the planet).
    If you have any pointers or know of any other forums, hopefully you can return the favour.
    It's a shame that they've just disappeared because I still haven't found a reason after all these years to stop using it except maybe the part where they stopped supporting it. I bought the latest upgrade from Sequiter Inc. in 2014 but haven't seen them since. The website I used to go to stopped going anywhere even relevant.

What kind of performance issues are you having? I am currently working with Codebase in .NET and have been doing so on Windows Servers 2003-2012.

Thanks very much CBInNeed100. Unfortunately, I need the installation CD which included the library's source code. The reason for this is that I've added a couple of FoxPro functions to the Codebase expression parser. I had to do this because my applications coexist with some Visual FoxPro programs that use some functions in their index tag expressions which were not included in Codebase.

My problems developed when my customers started using Microsoft's Terminal Services for clients. I have a couple of large compound index files which get trashed almost everyday. Very frustrating!

Thanks again for responding!

I need the ODBC driver for Codebase called CodeBaseODBCStand I think. Do you know how I could get that?

Perhaps using download from some sites/providers?
    https://www.google.ch/search?q=CodeB...m=122&ie=UTF-8
    Victor Nijegorodov

I did look around but cannot find any download link that works. I did find the CodeBase installation download, but not the ODBC driver. Thought maybe someone had it.

James

Hey jmmicmc, I have a new Codebase 6.5 still in the box. With CD and Visual Basic Reference Guide and Getting Started manual.

Quote Originally Posted by cdcook View Post
    Hey jmmicmc, I have a new Codebase 6.5 still in the box. With CD and Visual Basic Reference Guide and Getting Started manual.
    cdcook: Do you know what the release of Codebase 6.5 is? I need release #3.

If you've got this, I'd like to purchase it from you. Please let me know.

GBergmann,

I can't find any verbiage that states Release 3 but the Serial Number is: QBE103.796
    I purchase CodeBase in the 2000.

The paperwork states: Your CodeBase OLE DB/ADO provider serial number is: QADE101.381

If you know of a way to find the Release number let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by cdcook View Post
    GBergmann,

I can't find any verbiage that states Release 3 but the Serial Number is: QBE103.796
    I purchase CodeBase in the 2000.

The paperwork states: Your CodeBase OLE DB/ADO provider serial number is: QADE101.381

If you know of a way to find the Release number let me know.
    What do you want for it? And where are you located?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast