CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Troubles with opening CG forums started Oct 26 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Arjay View Post
    I'd look at the changes made for a week or so before the 27th. Hopefully, you track this in source control.
    We use third party software (vBulletin), which we've not updated for a while. We had a server change in September, but that seems out of the window of when the issues started. I'll see if any minor header/footer type tweaks were made around that time that might have impacted things. I believe, however, that the crew has already looked at that, plus such changes would impact all our forums and not just Codeguru. I know Heidi has spent a ton of time trying to track this down and has done a few fixes for things that were found; however, this is still an elusive one to completely resolve!

Update: Heidi is digging again into any minor changes that were made across our network of sites during that period. Hopefully I'll have something to report within a day or two on what she finds and what can be done. Being that not all of the forums are having issues, they didn't look as closely at network wide changes.
    Last edited by Brad Jones; November 16th, 2015 at 04:29 PM.

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Still happening occasionally
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

VictorN is online now Super Moderator Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by 2kaud View Post
    Still happening C
    "occasionally"? You are a lucky guy!
    It is happening today by mine every second to third attempt to open a forum.
    Victor Nijegorodov

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Jones View Post
    Heidi has been looking into this. It is proving to be more elusive than it should be. This is our only forum with the issue, so she's done a comparisons and other things to try to track this down. Definitely on the radar and getting attention......

Keep commenting about issues though. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, so squeak away!
    More grease is definitely needed as it's still very squeaky!
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

More grease is definitely needed as it's still very squeaky!
    Maybe I need to buy Heidi more beers....

Maybe I need to buy Heidi more beers....
    Better would be a bottle of vodka! Wouldn't it?
    Victor Nijegorodov

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

It's still having styling problems.

Name:  CGError.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  36.0 KB

We'll talk to Heidi about this again tomorrow. Thanks Arjay.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones,
    Yowza Publishing
    LotsOfSoftware, LLC

-----------------------------------------------

It just happened again. yikes.

I don't bother reporting any more when a page doesn't display properly - I just keep doing a refresh until it does

I don't bother reporting any more when a page doesn't display properly - I just keep doing a refresh until it does
    +1

gg

Folks, this is a progamming site so when the site doesn't load repeatedly, it makes the site look very bad.

Heidi has been looking into this. It is proving to be more elusive than it should be. This is our only forum with the issue, so she's done a comparisons and other things to try to track this down. Definitely on the radar and getting attention......

Keep commenting about issues though. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, so squeak away!
    Perhaps it's time to not only change the wheel but also the axle.

Perhaps it's time to not only change the wheel but also the axle.
    Not a bad idea!
    Victor Nijegorodov

Quote Originally Posted by VictorN View Post
    Not a bad idea!
    The solution is more Vodka.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast