CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

What happened to the numeric bindings module of boost?

The application I am after requires the numeric bindings to work correctly.
    But in boost 1.55 it no longer exists.
    I watch some posts on the net, some state I can reinstall it back into the main installation.
    What is it all about?
    In the first attempt, I cut and paste back the old numeric bindings folder into the boost/numeric folder.
    It compiles, but not links.
    In the next week, I will probably first cut and paste that folder back into that folder and run and bjam once again
    Don't know if that makes a difference.

Here're the errors I am getting:
    Code:
    Error	6	error LNK1120: 5 unresolved externals	D:\Programming\C++\3D\IK\SmartBody\x64\Release\SmartBody.dll	1	1	SmartBody
    Error	1	error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl boost::filesystem::detail::copy_file(class boost::filesystem::path const &,class boost::filesystem::path const &,enum boost::filesystem::copy_option::enum_type,class boost::system::error_code *)" (?copy_file@detail@filesystem@boost@@YAXAEBVpath@23@0W4enum_type@copy_option@23@PEAVerror_code@system@3@@Z)	D:\Programming\C++\3D\IK\SmartBody\core\smartbody\SmartBody\SBScene.obj	SmartBody
    Error	3	error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol dgemm_	D:\Programming\C++\3D\IK\SmartBody\core\smartbody\SmartBody\me_ct_ublas.obj	SmartBody
    Error	2	error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol dgemv_	D:\Programming\C++\3D\IK\SmartBody\core\smartbody\SmartBody\me_ct_ublas.obj	SmartBody
    Error	4	error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol dgesv_	D:\Programming\C++\3D\IK\SmartBody\core\smartbody\SmartBody\me_ct_ublas.obj	SmartBody
    Error	5	error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol dgesvd_	D:\Programming\C++\3D\IK\SmartBody\core\smartbody\SmartBody\me_ct_ublas.obj	SmartBody
    Anyone sheds some light on this?

Thanks
    Jack

Re: What happened to the numeric bindings module of boost?

Seems like I have to compile one of these and link them in afterwards to the application.
    But I find no info on the net on how to go about compile this library

http://mathema.tician.de/dl/software...eric-bindings/

Thanks
    Jack

Re: What happened to the numeric bindings module of boost?

Hello,
    I've been looking for the the lapack and blas libraries for Visual Studio 2010 (debug x64 build)
    in the site I provided above only has release build, just a matter of integrity, I want to build a debug version as well, just in case.
    And of course, I can build it by myself, I tried to build with visual fortran (the intel one), but it is a paid software, I don't intend to invest in that for the time being. Why the site above says that the mingw can build a visual studio understandable library, i am skeptical on that.
    Thanks
    Jack