CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

One Of Numeric Parameter?

I would prefer to have parameter prompts for the end-user rather than they having to go into the Report Select Expert.

However, I'm not sure how to do that for the One Of option?

The user would like to copy and paste a long list of member numbers versus selecting them one by one which is the case with the parameter prompt since that seems to only work for the Equal To and the parameter field is set for Multiple. you can't copy and paste the member numbers you have to enter each one at a time.

They want the ability to just simply copy and paste them.

ClubMbrNo IN [910, 945, 958] versus
    ClubMbrNo = 910 then 945 then 958 <-- this takes too long.

Re: One Of Numeric Parameter?

If you have a string parameter named MyParameter, you can enter a comma separated list of numbers. Since the parameter is a string, you must convert your numeric field values to text to make the comparison. The ToText function, by default will format the numbers with decimal places and a thousand separator, which likely will not compare with what is entered into the parameter. So you must to also use format arguments with ToText.

Code:
    ToText ({MyTable.ClubMbrNo},0,"") in {?My Parameter};

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Pepper View Post
    If you have a string parameter named MyParameter, you can enter a comma separated list of numbers. Since the parameter is a string, you must convert your numeric field values to text to make the comparison. The ToText function, by default will format the numbers with decimal places and a thousand separator, which likely will not compare with what is entered into the parameter. So you must to also use format arguments with ToText.

Code:
    Interesting! I will try this. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Pepper View Post

Code:
    Hi there, sorry for the delay!

Ok, so I tried this but it is not producing results where there are results for the multiple ClubMbrNos.
    This is in the Report Select Export formula:
    Code:
    ToText ({v060ClubOfficersClubAddress.ClubMbrNo},0,"") in {?ClubMbrNo}
    The Parameter field is set to String as Type and Value Option set to Allow multiple values.
    So not sure where it's incorrect?

Name:  ToText.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  32.7 KB

I changed the Parameter Field to Type: String
    then have this in Select Report Expert

Code:
    ToText({v060ClubOfficersClubAddress.ClubMbrNo},0,"") IN {?ClubMbrNo}

It's not working, anyone have a solution for this?
    Last edited by techsupport; November 30th, 2015 at 12:02 PM.

Anybody?

Hello - Difficult to trouble shoot your report here, but I would start by eliminating (comment out) any other parameters. I don't think you want to "Allow multiple values", as that turns your parameter into an array, which is not what you are looking for. You may have to experiment with some of the other setting available for parameters. You are trying to create a sql statement with a WHERE clause that looks like

where table.field in ('123','456','789')