CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
    I am currently stationed in England, but I am from AZ.

Html that uses ESRI widgets to create a map with a couple processes

Hello I am trying to put together an HTML file that will accomplish a task for me. I am trying to make an ESRI map using ArcGIS widgets.

My idea is that I want to create a route using the directions function. Then I would like to search for a particular business, restaurant, gas station, or store. Usually when I do a search for a business it gives me a radius search. I want my search results to be along my route within the buffered area.

The idea being that I create a route with the directions tool, then after the route is completed there is a buffer created based on the distance I want to veer off of my route. Then it either clips out all business that match my search that are within the buffer or selects by attributes the items that are inside.( Maybe by type, Gas, Restaurant, Hotel, or if possible more specifically Taco Bell, or Texaco for instance ) Then I can choose the best location based on my route and not lose that much time while driving.

I will add the piece of the script that I have been working. It has the base part of the directions API, and the geoprocessing buffer widget. It is having issues, if you are familiar with this system it might be easier to start from scratch.

This is the link for the directions script example, https://developers.arcgis.com/javasc...ons_basic.html

This is the link for the geoprocessing buffer info. https://geonet.esri.com/external-lin...ergraphic.html

This is the link for the Select feature layer which might be helpful. https://geonet.esri.com/external-lin...ry_buffer.html

Since I am limited to the 1000 points available on ArcGIS online I am using only one restaurant. At this link http://arcg.is/2136pd8. I was having trouble finding the link for the specific data.

I am open to any suggestions on how you think this can be done.

Route_Project5.zip

Let me know what you think,

Re: Html that uses ESRI widgets to create a map with a couple processes

If someone could complete this task by 30 November, or early that week. I could pay the person that completes the script for me.

Jason

[ moved thread ]
    If the post was helpful...Rate it! Remember to use [code] or [php] tags.

Where did you move the thread? Are people still able to see it?

Everyone can see it. However, due to the large project size and since you are interested in others doing the job and paying them, this goes under paid jobs, not the solve it yourself standard forums.

Ahh ok that makes sense. Should I try to repost so that it might go to the top of the list for a little while? Are you able to do that or should I?

Jason

No. Bumping threads will get you removed for spam.