CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

[RESOLVED] Background worker bug in VS2015?

I've converted a VC++ (2010) project to C# (Community 2015) and find I can't debug in a Background worker. I set a breakpoint, even on the entry point and when it reaches I get a hourglass for about 15 seconds. When I press step (or run) buttons (F10/11 or F5) the performance log starts running and the app freezes. I have to shift/f5 to quit.

I tried the example in help with the same result so I don't think posting code will help at this point.

The unconverted version (VC++) is Ok in 2010 and 2015 although the problem did occur occasionally in VC++2010.
    Anybody any idea what I may be doing wrong?
    Thanks

Windows 7 pro SP1, net vs 4.6.00081, VS Community 2015 vs 14.0.23107.0 D14REL

Re: Background worker bug in VS2015?

Can you post the code in your worker thread and how its called? I can debug Background worker threads in VS2015. Make sure your main thread in not in a tight loop.

Re: Background worker bug in VS2015?

Thanks for the response and apologies for delay in replying but I didn't get a notification...
    I re-installed a couple of times then cleaned and separately re-built the user components and eventually it started working but not sure at what point this occurred! The reason I didn't post code is the app is quite large and works on large astronomical images so it's not practical to upload sample data. Anyway thanks for the offer of help.