Hi, ALL,
I'm trying to create an application with MSVC 2010 Pro.
Unfortunately the application crashes.

I tried to recreate the problem by creating simple console application or simple MFC-based application, but unsuccessfully. Everything works.

So at this point I'm in need in the valgrind-like tool for MSVC. If Pro version have something like this already, it would be nice - otherwise I would need something free. This link (answer 2) gives couple, but I specifically need a tool to check for memory corruption and I didn't see any that explicitly mention it.

So can someone please give me some hint of what I can use to find a memory corruption?

My application uses wxWidgets and SQLite and it also uses DLLs. What I'm trying to do is allocate memory in a DLL and release it in the main application when it finishes. And when I try to call delete the crash occur.

I check and the addresses of the pointer being allocated and the pointer being deleted are the same, but for some reason, I guess it just starts pointing to something else.

So as I'm out of ideas of how to debug it, I'm looking for a tool to help me find where the memory corruption occur.

Thank you in advance for any pointers.