CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Lightbulb Antivirus do you prefer for Windows 8.

Hey,

I am on Windows 8 using this more than 2 months. But my device is getting slower day by day and message shows that harmful software detected. So, I think it's virus problem. What do you think? Which Antivirus should I installed to removed virus?

Thanks!

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: Antivirus do you prefer for Windows 8.

If you have no anti-virus installed - wipe the hard disk and re-install the OS from scratch! as you don't know what virus/malware/rootkits are lurking on your system. Once re-installed I would consider Kaspersky Internet Security 2016. It is usually at or very the top of anti-virus rating tables. Note just installing an anti-virus program after you have been infected is not really a good solution as the existing virus(s) could stop/interfere with the proper installation/scan of the anti-virus program. If you absolutely cannot perform an OS re-install then I would consider first using a bootable anti-virus DVD such as described here http://pcsupport.about.com/od/system...s-software.htm

Note that if you make your own bootable DVD then this should be done from a virus-free PC - and not the one containing the viruses! Also note that Kaspersky has a bootable rescue disk that can be used to check for viruses.
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

Is this one for free or do I need to pay for this? If yes, how much per month or yearly target?

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)