CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

View Poll Results: Due to its being found in our food system, should Dihydrogen monoxide be banned?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, we need to make sure such chemicals are not in our food sources.

0 0%
  • Yes, the potential ill effects aren't worth the risk of having in our food.

0 0%
  • No, a little bit of Dihydrogen monoxide didn't hurt anyone

1 25.00%
  • No. Leave it be.

3 75.00%
  • Maybe, more research should probably be done.

0 0%

Post Dihydrogen monoxide

As some background, Dihyrdrogen monoxide has been found in nearly every food item across the US and Europe. It has been found that global warming is not only melting the ice cap, but resulting in more dihydrogen monoxide being released into the environment. It has not only been found in the coastal areas of North America and Europe, but interior regions have also found quite a bit of this chemical as well. It has been shown that kids are getting increasing amounts of dihyrdrogen monoxide in their system every time they drink something. Urine samples from children in elementary schools has been found to have notable quantities of dihydrogen monoxide. It is believed that this has gotten into the lakes and rivers and thus is making its way to the crops in the fields and eventually to humans.

I'm curious to see how this poll turns out. Please be careful with your comment so as not to further influence the poll results.

Thanks!

Brad!
    Last edited by Brad Jones; May 25th, 2016 at 12:18 PM.

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: Dihydrogen monoxide

In view of the seriousness of Brad's post #1, I've had some soil samples from my garden tested. The tests reveal that every sample showed at least the presence of this. Crikey!
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

Where is the poll? I wanted to vote for Taylor Swift.
    Verere testudinem! (Fear the turtle)

Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. -Albert Einstein

Robots are trying to steal my luggage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Frohman View Post
    Where is the poll? I wanted to vote for Taylor Swift.
    The poll should still be on this thread. It wasn't given a timeout....

And I believe Taylor Swift is full of dihydrogen monoxide as well. I'd expect she is somewhat addicted to it at this point.

Yep, I finally scrolled up and saw it. It was a moment even greater than when Cornelis Drebbel discovered the microscope.
    There he was walking along. He kicked over a rock and there was the first microscope.....
    Verere testudinem! (Fear the turtle)

Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. -Albert Einstein

Robots are trying to steal my luggage.

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

I thought there would have been more than 3 votes in the poll.......
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

Quote Originally Posted by 2kaud View Post
    I thought there would have been more than 3 votes in the poll.......
    A bit surprising that more people didn't/haven't chimed in. Too many big words I guess....