CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Keep folder/module structure when importing source code from other sources

IDE: Visual Studio 2015 Community

The project is divided by folders/modules
    How do I keep the structure intact without collapsing everything
    into 2 folders, namely header files and source files?
    It won't be too convenient for me to browse the whole project....
    Thanks
    Jack

Re: Keep folder/module structure when importing source code from other sources

Not sure I fully understand the question but - just add the files to the project where they reside. You can use project properties to set where to search for includes and where resulting build files should be placed.

gg

Can this be automated? When I add the source tree into VS, it becomes 2 groups of files.
    But as you said, to add the files to the project where they reside, do I do this one by one?
    Actually, it would be best if there is some external plugin to handle all the file organization,
    But I found none so far.
    Last edited by lucky6969b; June 20th, 2016 at 12:02 AM.

I've just used "add files to project" - which at least allows you to add multiple files at once.

gg

Guess what, my pal, if I got the .vcxproj.filter and vcxproj.user files along with the vcxproj file,
    it does preserve the folder structure. I will try to find out how to generate these files now.
    But thanks for your suggestions, I'll try to integrate your answer with what I've come up with.
    Thanks
    Jack