Hi,
I would like to know if it is technically possible to develop an automated internet search algorithm.
Let me give you a random example of what I have in mind.

For example, let’s say I am the largest disaster relief organization in the world and I want to run an automated google search every single day to see if there is any crisis/disaster happening anywhere around the world. The reason I want an automated search (not manual) because I may have many different key word combinations that I want to use (let’s say 1000 different key word combinations) and it would be hectic to do it manually. Let me give few key word examples that this disaster relief organization might want to use every day:

- “Disaster” + “need help urgently”
- “Massive disaster” + “no help”
- “People are suffering” + “earthquake”
- “Where is the UN”
- “We are trapped”
- “Africa” + “hunger” + “no food”
- Etc.

There might be hundreds of key word combinations that the disaster relief organization want to type every single day and they want an automated search algorithm to run all these key word combinations daily and then extract the key links in a page or table. Of course in Google you can also restrict the date – for e.g. ask Google to only give new results for the last day … since the organization will be running the automated algorithm each day and it only wants to see the new results.

The above was a random example for a disaster relief organization, but it can be for any agency or company.

My two most important questions are:
- Is this technically feasible to do?
- If it is possible, then who is the type of person that can do it? What is his “job title” or expertise or qualifications?