CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: CoCreateInstanceAsAdmin how initialize com on thread?

Unless I'm reading the code wrong, the only change made to make it work is that arg 4 has been changed from size to 24? According to MSDN, that argument is the number of bytes in the array used as arg 3 (pin) - which on that basis should be size. Confucius reigns!
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

Hello
    Yes it is all a bit confusing.
    I got the number from here:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh880986.aspx

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

In that case the array passed as the third arg also needs to be of size 24 elements - so passing pin isn't right as that array has only 9 elements. You'll need to have an initialised 24 element array and pass that as the third param so that the 3rd and 4th param are in agreement.
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

Hmm I guess you are right. It does create a card but when I try to use it, it says "The security device is not fully personalized for use".

Which was fixed with changing the false value to true. Maybe it doesn't mather that they don't match. I hope..
    Last edited by Johannes H; January 12th, 2017 at 07:08 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12