CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Issue with DLL component

Hello,

Can someone explain what is happening with this situation?

I have an app that was written in VB6 which uses msxml6.dll to provide XML functionality.to XML documents. It works fine on System A, but not on System B.

When I try to run the app on System B in the VB6 IDE I get the following error...

Name:  img1.png
Views: 294
Size:  22.7 KB

...referring to this line of code...

Private Sub ProcessXMLOutput(flexgrid As MSFlexGrid, passedxdoc As MSXML2.DOMDocument30, passedxnode As MSXML2.IXMLDOMNode)

After a couple of hours of troubleshooting I'm wonder if it has something to do with the System32 vs SysWOW64.

On System A (the one that works) the registry shows this:

Name:  img2.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  14.4 KB

On System B (the one that doesn't work) the registry is as follows:

Can someone explain what's going on with this and a possible fix?

Thank you...Doug
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by rdprecure; September 30th, 2018 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Redo on attachments

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: Issue with DLL component

What are the OS versions for A and B?
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

Re: Issue with DLL component

The dll would go into syswow64 on a 64bit system and into system32 on a 32 bit system.

Are you sure that all the required files have been installed and registered on the system that is not working for you?
    Always use [code][/code] tags when posting code.