CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Additional page at the end with default text.

Hi, I am very new to Crystal reports. Today is my first day. I have a report that I need to add extra page at the end of every group if the # of pages are odd for duplex printing. I got that part by using the formula remainder(PageNumber,2)=1.

However, I want to put the default text in that page "This page is left intentionally blank." How can I get that done? When I create another group footer and try to put this text object, it prints on every report at the end, even if the report originally had even pages and no extra page was added!

My reports could be 2,3,4,5,6,7 or any number of pages. if it is 3 pages, then we need to add 4th and put this default text. if it is 5 pages then we need to add 6th page with default text. But, if it is already 4 pages, then we don't create blank page!

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Prashant-

Re: Additional page at the end with default text.

Do I need to use any variable to accomplish this and then subsequently using it? It is printing currently at the end of loaded page 4 and empty page 6 both, so I am thinking if I need to suppress it for the loaded page 4 using some kind of variable value may be? Just a thought...

I am sure this would have been done many times using crystal reports already. Google didn't land me any useful page that would give any pointers.

This can be done using page headers. You need a long page header that is as long as your printed page. Place your "intentionally left blank" text box in the long page header. Use a conditional formatting formula that reads PageNumber mod 2 <> 0. This will return false on even number pages, allowing the page header to print. Since it is a long as your paper, this will force detail records to the next page.

If you want a "normal" page header with column heading, you would format the second and subsequent page headers with the opposite formula, PageNumber mod 2 = 0.

You will need to adjust the length of the long page header to account for margins. If records print at the bottom of your "blank" page, the long page header is not long enough. If the header is too long, you will receive an error that the page size isn't long enough for the objects.

Good luck

Thanks Ned, I will give it a try and will update here. Do I need any type of variable such as numbervar or some like that to accomplish this? Thanks again!