CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Using Select Case to decide to choose from three differnt label formats

I originally used nested if then but was told to use Select Case.I am attaching my code. After executing this line, the next three lines are to save the varible data to a text file depending on with being "WATER", WATER WITH SALTS" or ELSE. it wrote variables specific to which one was indetified. I added the third save variable data statement specific to "WATER WITH SALTS". i'm novice at this and I can not figure out or see what tell it to write the related text file. "WATER" AND "ELSE" WORKS but "WATER WITH SALTS" does not write the file, I can send more of the program if needed. I've been on this for two days and about bald!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Using Select Case to decide to choose from three differnt label formats

I am hazarding a guess here, but if the two other CASE condition work, I can see from the code no reason why "Water With Salts" will not work. There may be an outside factor here. Are you sure you are getting the exact phrase "WATER WITH SALTS"?

Thanks for a reply. It picks the correct choice because I can pull it up in my program and print a correctly filled out test print. However, the next 2 statements after the code I sent you are "Save Variable Data" statements that write the ariable date to continue printing labels triggered form an outside source. Water with salts never writes the file and I can not find where it tells any of the three to but the other two write the file

I do not see any code there that would write to a file under any condition so whatever issue you have must be elsewhere.
    Always use [code][/code] tags when posting code.

I would change the line :
    Select Case ChosenType
    To
    Select Case UCase(ChosenType)
    JG

... If your problem is fixed don't forget to mark your threads as resolved using the Thread Tools menu ...