CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Weather Forecast API - Help Required.

Currently delving into waters that I'm not particularly educated on so if this thread has been posted under a topic it isn't suitable for then please redirect me towards the right one.

I have been approached to design a website which contains a 5-day weather forecast for the Dornoch Firth area in Scotland. This weather forecast should include sunset and sunrise times, temperature highs and lows, type of weather that day, wind speed and wind direction in the local area.

Admittedly, I have no idea how to start this forecast section on the site nor do I have any idea how to style it via my CSS stylesheet. For a bit of reference, I'm looking to style it like the following image. If you could help me out or direct me in how to code this part of the site I would greatly appreciate it.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 4119
Size:  55.8 KB

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: Weather Forecast API - Help Required.

[Thread moved]
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

Re: Weather Forecast API - Help Required.

I've written a weather application for learning purposes. I used this: https://openweathermap.org/api
    I'm not sure the zip code works so i had to remove that from my application, that's the only issue. everything else works fine.

Only thing I will say is MAKE SURE to create an account on the website and use the API key when you are logged in , otherwise you seem to get inaccurate weather data(supposedly for where the site is hosted- Zagreb)