CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Hybrid View

Project management tool

Hello people
    I'm working on a project and need to get everyone on board, cooperate, manage tasks, take notes, update project status, etc. Of course we can create a project management software by ourselves but not necessary, prefer to use the free and existing ones. Can someone suggest me which one to use and share your experience please? Heard about Trello and Asana but I haven't tried yet.

Re: Project management tool

Any idea?

At my work we use Jira, it integrates well with BitBucket and Slack!

Hello,
    I did not get your accurate point that what you are wanting. Can you please define your wish whether you need to make it or you need it readymade?

Jira or Slacl is mostly used worldwide.

I have complied best project management tools and software list. Let's take a look at them.
    1. Proof Hub
    2. Scoro
    3. Workzone
    4. Zoho Projects
    5. GanttPRO
    6. nTask
    7. Functionfox
    8. Workbook
    9. Redbooth
    10. Celoxis
    I hope that the above list would serve the purpose and provides you a list of top project management tools to be used in 2019. If you think, I have missed a tool that could make a difference in your life, don’t forget to drop your comment below.

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Microsoft Teams which comes with Azure DevOps (formerly known as VSTS/TFS). It's a complete build management, deployment, CI/CD (continuous integration, continous deployment), project management platform.

Unlike other solutions, there is no need to string together a series of applications from different vendors that 'kind of' work together.

A lot depends on what type of project you have.

If you have only one active project, you can use almost any CRM system. Different CRM systems offer different functions.

Quote Originally Posted by EmilyMann View Post
    If you have only one active project, you can use almost any CRM system. Different CRM systems offer different functions.
    In our work, we use a special project management software, which has all the necessary functions for good communication within the company. We have several active projects at the same time, and the project creator can select the people who will participate in the project. It is also very convenient that under each project, it is possible to set individual tasks for the employees.
    Last edited by 2kaud; January 27th, 2023 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Web site reference removed

I'd recommend this performance tracking tool for employee performance tracking. It's good if you want to understand the productivity aspect of your team. That tracking data can help adjust the project scope and tasks, and it makes it much easier for you to manage workforce productivity.xx
    Last edited by VictorN; November 23rd, 2023 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Web link was removed.