CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Preliminary testing of compression algorithm...

My new custom method that I have created over the years of my experience, is one that has an inherent advantage over Lempel ziv, will get every match that it does, plus a few it does not, has an encoding without reductions that is an inherent better efficiency than Lempel ziv, and I have to say that it can be given the same optimization style that I have applied to this preliminary test with a Lempel ziv method.... that proves that my method will outperform even LZMA by a large percentage.

This means I have established that I have the greatest compression method in the world.

YAY!

Re: Preliminary testing of compression algorithm...

Name:  TestOfApxDllBeingCompressed.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  32.8 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesFastCoder1980 View Post
    My new custom method that I have created over the years of my experience, is one that has an inherent advantage over Lempel ziv, will get every match that it does, plus a few it does not, has an encoding without reductions that is an inherent better efficiency than Lempel ziv, and I have to say that it can be given the same optimization style that I have applied to this preliminary test with a Lempel ziv method.... that proves that my method will outperform even LZMA by a large percentage.

This means I have established that I have the greatest compression method in the world.

YAY!
    Lempel with optimization and NO reductions.

Been playing with dictionary sizes and match lengths, and if the fail byte is enabled or not.

This is simple with the way I designed this in the dictionary settings class. Anyone care to hear how these settings affect this approximately 1MB debug *.dll that my executable is compressing? (The very library that it loads!)

Quote Originally Posted by JamesFastCoder1980 View Post
    Then why don't you write a paper about it and get it published in a scientific journal. It certainly beats bragging at a forum.