CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Install ODBC Connector,Mysql, redistributable packages from InstallShield LE

Hi,

I was added my windows service application under InstallShield LE. It was working good.

I was used Mysql and ODBC Connectors in my windows service application.

So i like to install ODBC connectors, visual studio 2012 redistributable package and mysql5.6 before run the service application, using the the same InstallShield LE application.
    Regards,

SaraswathiSrinath

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: Install ODBC Connector,Mysql, redistributable packages from InstallShield LE

Quote Originally Posted by saraswathisrinath View Post
    Hi,

I was added ...
    I was used Mysql and ODBC Connectors...

So i like to install ODBC connectors, visual studio 2012 redistributable package and mysql5.6 before run the service application, using the the same InstallShield LE application.
    So what is the problem? just install it!
    Victor Nijegorodov

Re: Install ODBC Connector,Mysql, redistributable packages from InstallShield LE

Quote Originally Posted by VictorN View Post
    So what is the problem? just install it!

I want to add the installer packages automatically when the windows service application (*.exe) added to installshield.

and install the packages before install the service application.

don't like to add the packages (MySQL, ODBC, etc) manually.
    Regards,

SaraswathiSrinath

Victor Nijegorodov

Quote Originally Posted by VictorN View Post
    while installing InstallShield 2012 Spring getting error like
    The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program.
    Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch.
    Regards,

SaraswathiSrinath

In that case you most probably are attempting to install a product update without having the full product installed prior to applying the update.
    Victor Nijegorodov

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by saraswathisrinath View Post
    while installing InstallShield 2012 Spring getting error like
    Since the error message "Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch." has told you the problem, you need to code arond it. If a full version if some dependent program is required amd not present, either install it and then patch it, or prompt the user to install it and retry the installation.

Smooth running setup programs aren't that difficult to write - you either detect and install what is needed or tell the user what is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjay View Post
    Since the error message "Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch." has told you the problem, you need to code arond it. If a full version if some dependent program is required amd not present, either install it and then patch it, or prompt the user to install it and retry the installation.

Smooth running setup programs aren't that difficult to write - you either detect and install what is needed or tell the user what is missing.
    I was updated my windows 7 for update all patch files and again started to install visual studio spring packages. Getting lot of errors.
    So i was started to install VS2015 enterprise and installed visual studio installer project for vs2015.

Now opened my projects via vs2015 and build successfully, then added new project ("setup wizard" )
    Other project types -> Visual Studio installer -> "setup wizard" -> windows application -> added primary output via project outputs

But Detect Dependencies is empty.
    using prerequisites i was added .NET framework, run time library and windows installer.
    installed mysql for visual studio.
    I was searched google but i can't find how to Install MySQL Connector C++ 1.1.9, Mysql 5.6, redistributable packages from setup wizard?
    Regards,

SaraswathiSrinath