CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Bill Acceptor Integration

Norm,

event listner calling == gnu.io.SerialPortEvent[source=//./COM5]
    inside try
    data inside loop =0

only when i connected the Bill acceptor and when insert bills nothing will happened here.

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

I'll ask again - Physically how is the device connected to the computer. You keep mentioning serial, ebds etc but you don't describe how the device is connected. Which serial pins are used for what purpose on the device/laptop? Is a serial port on the computer used or a serial-usb converter used? Have you used a terminal emulation program (such as YAT https://sourceforge.net/projects/y-a-terminal/ ) to find out exactly what is happening on the computer's serial interface? IMO you should stop trying with your program until you can prove that the required signals, data etc are being received properly by the computer from the device.
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

nside try
    data inside loop =0
    So that says the code in the while loop reads just one byte of data with a value of 0.
    Norm

Device is connected with USB cable with CPU and there is a separate cable to ON the device.

Not used terminal emulation program .
    Last edited by Manish009; February 5th, 2019 at 08:56 AM.

Norm,

What this means.

Quote Originally Posted by Manish009 View Post
    Device is connected with USB cable with CPU and there is a separate cable to ON the device.

Not used terminal emulation program .
    OK, so you are using serial-over USB. From the device documentation, what should happen when a bill is inserted - what control lines should change etc? Does the computer need to signal via a specific control line that it is ready to accept data (eg some devices require DTR or CTS etc set)? I've not a Java programmer, but I see nothing in the code in post#21 dealing with serial control lines?

I would suggest you look into using a terminal emulation program. For testing serial communications - and especially when things aren't going as expected - I've found them invaluable. There are many available. YAT is just the one I've used previously. There used to be a basic one included as standard with Windows but I think this was removed from Vista onwards.
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

Yes, am trying to use YAT

2Kaud

Am not getting any message on YAT.

Then the issue is with the serial interface - not the program. What does the device documentation say re the control lines, baud rate, stop/start bits etc etc. Unless you can provide the technical details re the serial interface, we won't be able to help much more as the issue at present is not the Java program.

Could any one work on EBDS protocol. If yes then please help me to send the
    command in java. Here is the document URL of EBDS -> http://www.marrginal.ru/files/cashma...2850110_G8.pdf

In page 24 it show the format need to send.
    Last edited by Manish009; February 13th, 2019 at 08:42 AM.

Do you now have proven connectivity between the device and the PC?
    Norm

Yes, Installed a driver for bill acceptor and it shows in device manager connected to com5.

Ok, what does the device do when first connected to the PC?
    Does it send any message to the PC?
    Or does it wait for a message from the PC?

When the correct message (or any message) is sent to the device, what is the device supposed to send to the PC?
    Norm

Did you check the document, in that we have page number 24 have described the message body to be send and recieve after successfully commend sent.

Sorry, I don't go to other sites. Can you post here any parts of the doc that answers my questions?
    Norm

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast