CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Converting single bits into a sine waveform

Hi everyone

I am trying to create a program which reads 8 bits segments (1 byte segment) of an input file and converts that into a modulated audio sine wave that is outputted from the soundcard. The modulation is done in terms of amplitude, so a 1 bit has a high amplitude and a 0 bit has a smaller amplitude. I want to create a continuous sine wave whose length is directly proportionate to the amount of bytes in a selected input file

I have been given a sample code from a friend of mine which is attached. however I need the code edited to allow the following HEX values converted into sine wave

* 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 (represents break/separation between end of file and beginning of file)
    * FF FF FF 22 22 22 (represents carrier wave to notify vb program the start of binary data represented by sine wave is due to commence)
    * File binary data
    * 22 22 22 FF FF FF end header (represents carrier wave to notify vb program the end of binary data represented by sine wave has occured)

I dont have the skill-set necessary to modify the original code given to me to suit my new proposal. Can anyone help me?

Thank you so much in advance for any help given
    Attached Files Attached Files