CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Can I hide the 'carrot' caused by the JavaFX ComboBoxListViewSkin on a ComboBox?

Java SE v. 1.8.0 / Intellij IDE

Can I hide or remove the 'carrot' (upside down triangle) from a JavaFX ComboBox caused after implementing the ComboBoxListViewSkin class (see pic below)?

The ComboBoxListViewSkin class was implemented as part of an AutoComplete method to manage and consume the [SPACE] character in the JavaFX ComboBox though the class's getPopupContent().addEventFilter. After implementing, it adds the 'carrot' in the upper left corner of the JavaFX ComboBox.

I'm a little naive about such things. I was hoping someone may know how I could hide or remove it. I'm not sure what it even indicates. I've messed with a few class methods but I haven't been able to figure it out. I haven't worked little or not at all with CSS, so I wasn't sure if that was also a more likely solution. Any thoughts welcome.

Thanks!

Name:  ComboBoxCarrot.JPG
Views: 577
Size:  12.8 KB

The implementing code, to help demonstrate what I'm doing.
    Code:
    cbSkin = new ComboBoxListViewSkin(cmb);
    cbSkin.getPopupContent().addEventFilter(KeyEvent.KEY_PRESSED, (event) -> {
                if(event.getCode() == KeyCode.SPACE){
                    filter += " ";
                    event.consume();}
    });

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Re: Can I hide the 'carrot' caused by the JavaFX ComboBoxListViewSkin on a ComboBox?

What does the variable comb represent?

Re: Can I hide the 'carrot' caused by the JavaFX ComboBoxListViewSkin on a ComboBox?

Quote Originally Posted by Arjay View Post
    What does the variable comb represent?

Hi Arjay! I did reply to you comment from my phone but apparently it didn't go through. "cmb" represents the ComboBox in which the ComboBoxListViewSkin manipulates the popup.