CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

About Content code at top of the aspx page

Hello

At the top of my aspx page, I have

Code:
    <%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" MasterPageFile="~/Site.Master" CodeBehind="success_test1.aspx.vb" Inherits="Success_test1" %>
    followed by:

Code:
    <asp:Content runat="server" ID="BodyContent" ContentPlaceHolderID="MainContent">
    Is that correct, please, or is it this:

Code:
    <asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="MainContent" runat="server">
    Would that be the same for my other aspx files in the same Solution Explorer project?
    Thanks!

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Re: About Content code at top of the aspx page

I know this isn't an answer to your question but why are you coding in old asp? What version of Visual Studio are you using?

I ask because if you are starting a new web project, there are many newer ways to go such as .Net Core, MVC, Angular, React and so on.

On the other hand, if you have an existing asp application with other pages, you should be able to answer your own question by looking at how the other pages are coded.

If at all possible, there are many benefits to moving away from the 15 year old asp.net technology.

Re: About Content code at top of the aspx page

Thanks Arjay for your reply.

I am using ASP.NET in Visual Studio 2017 (latest version). It's a Web Forms project.

Steve