CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

[RESOLVED] My eclipse windowsbuilder won't work with java 12 (I have eclipse 2019 06)

I'm having all sorts of problems with running a gui in this new eclipse 2019 06. Full disclosure I am a beginner to programming in general, but I would like to think I can follow online video instructions. But this thing is saying it can't interpret JFrame, EventQueue and all sorts of other things. Is my path wrong? Something else? Please help?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: My eclipse windowsbuilder won't work with java 12 (I have eclipse 2019 06)

Why an image of a pre-submitted post to this forum??

What error messages are you receiving (cut and paste - not a screen image)?
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

Re: My eclipse windowsbuilder won't work with java 12 (I have eclipse 2019 06)

Sorry, I am super new and obviously a noob. I think I sort of fixed it. Actually, I don't think it was an issue with the software, more that I was ignorant with the process of how to make it work. At least I have it working now, but I am still learning how to make the GUI's work with Java on Eclipse.

Thanks for the help!