CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Why can't I Publish web site error warn ?

Previously the program was written on VS2005, now I use VS2010 to run the program normally but when I publish the web site I get an error:

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

error CS0433: The type 'webapp4U.UI.Controls.Controls_MenuLeft' exists in both 'c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\nhadat\42a77785\d1e96df3\App_Web_danhmucbds.ascx.cc671b29.dll' and 'c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\nhadat\42a77785\d1e96df3\App_Web_quangcaoleft.ascx.cc671b29.dll'...

How to fix this error ?

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Re: Why can't I Publish web site error warn ?

Are you deploying to the same IIS server? If not, do you have the IIS server configured?

Also, why are you using VS 2005 and VS 2010? Why not use versions that aren't 9+ years old?

Re: Why can't I Publish web site error warn ?

I am deploying to the same IIS server. How do you configure IIS server ? You can specify each step, this is my old application, I want to simulate running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and SQL Server 2005