CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

c++ code/Library for mirroring Windows using Miracast protocol

I want to build windows software (not windows app) that will mirror the windows screen to a TV using Miracast protocol. I know that this is built-in on windows 10 using the start menu. But i want my application to be able to do that as well. My question is if there is c++ code or lib that i can use to do that.

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Re: c++ code/Library for mirroring Windows using Miracast protocol

Take a look in the sample section of the Windows 10 Sdk and see if there is anything related to what you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjay View Post
    Take a look in the sample section of the Windows 10 Sdk and see if there is anything related to what you're looking for.
    Thanks but i only find there c# code and my app is native c++ and I would like to keep it native c++.
    IS there other solution as private lib or anything else i can use that is written in native c++?

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

As far as I can tell, this is only available for a UWP app - c#, c++/winrt, VB.NET, JavaScript.
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

Well my software is windows software and not windows app.
    I even tried to find some detailed protocol info so i will be able to implement the miracast protocol (hopefully with some c source code) but nothing.
    I was sure I will easily find some lib that can do that (:

Oh, I suppose that to solve your question it will be much better to ask for some professional help in a company that specializes in this aspect. I had the same situation when I was implementing the Salesforce CRM to my business. I have noticed the [link removed] community implementation guide salesforce from the one really competent firm and I just can't imagine what could I do without it. I believe that some professionals will help you too
    Last edited by Arjay; September 2nd, 2020 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Removed advertising link