CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Help needed to setup new solution with multiple projects

Hi All,

I come from eclipse development in linux to windows based development.

I have a solution: which has three projects.

In the main directory: VeloxPropagationModel, there are three directories: libutil, VeloxPropagationModels, VeloxModelTester. each of them are projects.

Now I want to add one more directory, called, WrapperFunction. This solution, I want to include, libutil , and VeloxPropagationModels. And also create a new project similar to VeloxModelTester.

Currently in the VeloxModelTester, just includes the header files from the VeloxPropagationModels. But when i do the same in the WrapperFunction, it gives error. Is there any place, i can specify this path ?

thanks a lot
    It is bit urgent, so helpful if i get some help at the earliest

pdk

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: Help needed to setup new solution with multiple projects

The path(s) for non-Windows/stl files are specified in project/properties/c++/General/Additional Include Directories.
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

Thankyou very much Kaud . I'll try to check and update here the progress.

May be I was not very clear. VeloxPropagationModels directory has header files/source files and the dll.

How do I include the files as part of this directory in the WrapperFunction

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

What version of Visual C++ are you using? How do you create the the C++ solution?

Im using the visual studio 2015. I created the new solution and added the two projects (libraries) provided by the thirdparty. And created new project to add a wrapper to call those libraries from thirdparty