CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Working with fonts and data

Ok, I created my own font for a replacement for English. I use it in my personal journal both on the pc and on paper. Right now, in my Revenline journal program I designed, I use an ascii shift cypher to give a low level of encryption. The nice thing about that is that it encodes the spaces too, so looking at the data through a file viewer, you see gibberish, and no spaces to tell how long a particular word is. However I would love to find a way to write the data to the file in wysiwyg format so the letters look like the shapes in the font, and not just English letters.

Thanks in advance
    Larry

Re: Working with fonts and data

If a text file is opened with notepad it will use whatever font is selected in notepad. .rtf .doc and some others let you set the font so when opened by a user with a compatible program thay will display with the original font provided the user has that font installed on their PC.
    Always use [code][/code] tags when posting code.

Quote Originally Posted by DataMiser View Post
    If a text file is opened with notepad it will use whatever font is selected in notepad. .rtf .doc and some others let you set the font so when opened by a user with a compatible program thay will display with the original font provided the user has that font installed on their PC.
    This is true, however I want the file to be written to the hard drive in the font I have created, so the data file can contain no font but mine. As someone here pointed out it would have to be saved as an image file, and then I'd have to figure out how to convert the image back in to text when I load the file into the journal program.

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

This seems like a roundabout approach to being able to read and write to an encrypted file.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjay View Post
    This seems like a roundabout approach to being able to read and write to an encrypted file.
    Yes actually it is however some of the esoteric programming languages on the esolang wiki read a png graphic and get the source code from it. It is doable I just do not know how to do it.

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Larryrl View Post
    Yes actually it is however some of the esoteric programming languages on the esolang wiki read a png graphic and get the source code from it. It is doable I just do not know how to do it.
    Get the source code? Huh, what are you trying to do? Embed source code in an image?