CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Changing background Color of standard buttons (ok,cancel,help) of Cpropertysheet

CMFCBUTTON is a MFC class provided by miceosoft.i am just using it by including a header "afxbutton.h"

VictorN is online now Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: Changing background Color of standard buttons (ok,cancel,help) of Cpropertysheet

Quote Originally Posted by Sparsh_21j View Post
    I tried that too by using create() method but unfortunately my button was not displayed on Sheet.."
    What exactly did you try?
    You never showed you actual code!
    So we have no idea how you implemented what are talking about!
    Victor Nijegorodov

CMFCBUTTON is a MFC class provided by miceosoft.i am just using it by including a header "afxbutton.h"
    MFC does NOT provide the CMFCBUTTON class. It does provide the CMFCButton class!
    Last edited by VictorN; October 1st, 2019 at 02:28 AM.
    Victor Nijegorodov

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

I tried that too by using create() method but unfortunately my button was not displayed on Sheet.. and can you please tell with line of code what you want to say above "you may have to use <pointer to the property sheet>::GetDlgItem()."
    How about you first try what I suggested? That is, put a button on one of the property pages and change its color.

When you get that to work, we can show you how to do the same for a button on the property sheet.

Its i think better to leave the loop.Please google CMFCBUTTON class you will find its a class provided by the Microsoft by just including a header afxbutton.h

Ok arjay i will try that.bdw i have one button there on property page already and i am able to change its background color using setfacecolor() .You want me to add one new button on this propertypage and change its background color.Right?

Its i think better to leave the loop.Please google CMFCBUTTON class you will find its a class provided by the Microsoft by just including a header afxbutton.h
    Are you kidding?
    It is the quote from Microsoft afxbutton.h file:
    Code:
    // This is a part of the Microsoft Foundation Classes C++ library.
    // Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation
    // All rights reserved.
    //
    // This source code is only intended as a supplement to the
    // Microsoft Foundation Classes Reference and related
    // electronic documentation provided with the library.
    // See these sources for detailed information regarding the
    // Microsoft Foundation Classes product.

#pragma once

#include "afxcontrolbarutil.h"
    #include "afxmenuimages.h"

#ifdef _AFX_PACKING
    #pragma pack(push, _AFX_PACKING)
    #endif

#ifdef _AFX_MINREBUILD
    #pragma component(minrebuild, off)
    #endif

/*============================================================================*/
    // CMFCButton window

class CMFCButton : public CButton
    {
    	DECLARE_DYNCREATE(CMFCButton)

// Construction
    public:
    	CMFCButton();

// Attributes
    There is a class CMFCButton, not CMFCBUTTON!
    Or you don't know the difference between capital and small (upper-/lower-case) letters?
    Victor Nijegorodov

Yes its CMFCButton but please i am here looking for solution ,please tell that.already told you code is compiling successfully but not reflecting result by using setfacecolor() .if you can help than plz tell asap coz i am stucking in one of GUI redesign

Yes its CMFCButton but please i am here looking for solution ,please tell that.already told you code is compiling successfully but not reflecting result by using setfacecolor() .if you can help than plz tell asap coz i am stucking in one of GUI redesign
    Well, we could help you if you provided the meaningful info about what and how you tried

Note that "code" you have posted:
    Code:
    Bool MyPropertysheet :: OnInitDialog()
    {
        Bool bResult = Cpropertysheet :: OnInitDialog();

CMFCBUTTON * but1 = (CMFCBUTTON *)GetDlgItem(IDOK);
        but1->MoveWindow(8,596,58,25) ;

CMFCBUTTON * but2 = (CMFCBUTTON *)GetDlgItem(IDHELP);
        but2->MoveWindow(250,596,58,25) ;

CMFCBUTTON * but3 = (CMFCBUTTON *)GetDlgItem(IDCANCEL);
        but3->MoveWindow(8,596,58,25) ;

// Above code is successfully moving the buttons position 

m_ok.SetFaceColor(RGB(255,102,0);

/*m_ok has been declared of type CMFCBUTTON in header file of MyPropertysheet */

return bResult ;
    }

Void MyPropertysheet ::DoDataExchange(CDataExchange* pDX) 
    {
        Cpropertysheet:: DoDataExchange(pDX)

DDX_Control(pDX, IDOK, m_ok);
    }

//DoDataExchange(CDataExchange* pDX) declared in header file of MyPropertysheet
    is not a real code.
    What is Void?
    What is Bool?
    What is Cpropertysheet?
    What is CMFCBUTTON ?

BTW, did you read the Microsoft Docs about CMFCButton::SetFaceColor (I posted you a link)?
    Victor Nijegorodov

We're trying to help, but you need to post real code. Spelling matters and where you put the code matters. For example, when you attempt to change the color on m_ok, it may not be a valid variable at the time you try to change its color or it may not be mapped to the property sheet ok button.

Bool is the return type of OnInitDialog() method // declared in header file i.e MyPropertysheet.h

Void is returne type of DoDataExchange() method //declared in header file i.e MyPropertysheet.h
    //DoDataExchange() basically maps m_ok to IDOK
    //m_ok is of type CMFCButton ,this is also declared in header file MyPropertysheet.h

//Cpropertysheet is nothing ,i have spelled it here wrong but in my code it is CpropertySheet i.e an MFC class

//CMFCBUTTON is nothing ,i have spelled it here wrong ,its CMFCButton in my code.

//Simple explanation is that i have one variable m_ok of type CMFCButton and m_ok is mapped to IDOK ,but when i am using m_ok.SetFaceColor(RGB(255,102,0),Code is compiling successfully but result is not reflected.

GCDEF is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Bool is the return type of OnInitDialog() method // declared in header file i.e MyPropertysheet.h

Void is returne type of DoDataExchange() method //declared in header file i.e MyPropertysheet.h
    //DoDataExchange() basically maps m_ok to IDOK
    //m_ok is of type CMFCButton ,this is also declared in header file MyPropertysheet.h

//Cpropertysheet is nothing ,i have spelled it here wrong but in my code it is CpropertySheet i.e an MFC class

//CMFCBUTTON is nothing ,i have spelled it here wrong ,its CMFCButton in my code.

//Simple explanation is that i have one variable m_ok of type CMFCButton and m_ok is mapped to IDOK ,but when i am using m_ok.SetFaceColor(RGB(255,102,0),Code is compiling successfully but result is not reflected.
    You've been asked several times to post real code. Not sure why you'd retype a bunch of invalid code rather than copy and paste the real thing.

It is wrong!
    OnInitDialog() mehod returns BOOL.

Just post your real code!
    Victor Nijegorodov

Yes. I said the variable may not be valid at the time you set the color - it depends on where you do this.

If you post your real code, we may be able to help.

Code:
    //----------------------------------------------------------------//
    //Below is the code for .cpp file
    //MyPropertySheet.cpp

#include "stdafx.h"
    #include "MyPropertysheet.h"
    #include <ts/texttrans.h>
    #include <ts/mfc/tsmfcwinstack.h>

IMPLEMENT_DYNAMIC(MyPropertysheet,CPropertySheet)

MyPropertySheet :: MyPropertySheet(UINT nIdCaption,  Cwnd * pParentWnd,  UINT iSelectPage): CPropertySheet(pszCaption, pParentWnd, iSelectpage)
    {
        TSMFCWinStack :: winStack.push(this);
        AddPage(&mypage); 
        m_psh.dwFlags = m_psh.dwFlags | PSH_NOAPPLYNOW;
    }

MyPropertySheet :: ~MyPropertySheet()
    {
        TSMFCWinStack :: winStack.pop(this);
    }

Void MyPropertySheet:: DoDataExchange(CDataExchange* pDX)
    {
        CPropertySheet :: DoDataExchange(pDX);
        DDX_Control(pDX, IDOK, m_ok);
    }

BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(MyPropertySheet, CPropertySheet)
    END_MESSAGE_MAP()

BOOL MyPropertysheet:: OnInitDialog()
    {
        BOOL bResult = CPropertySheet:: OnInitDialog();

m_ok.SetFaceColor(RGB(255,102,0);
        SetDlgItemText(IDOK,("OKAY"));

return bResult;
    }
    Code:
    //Below is the code for Header file
    //MyPropertySheet.h

#include "MyPropertyPage.h"
    #include "afxbutton.h"

class MyPropertySheet : public CPropertySheet 
    {
        DECLARE_DYNAMIC(MyPropertySheet)

public:
        //Constructors
        MyPropertySheet(UINT nIdCaption,  CWnd* pParentWnd = NULL ,UINT iSelectPage = 0);
        MyPropertySheet(UINT pszCaption,  CWnd* pParentWnd = NULL ,UINT iSelectPage = 0);

//Destructors
        virtual ~MyPropertySheet();
        virtual void DoDataExchange(CDataExchange* pDX);

public:
        MyPropertyPage  mypage;
        CMFCBUTTON  m_ok;

public:
        virtual BOOL OnInitDialog();

protected:
        DECLARE_MESSAGE_MAP()
    };
    Last edited by 2kaud; October 7th, 2019 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Added code tags

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast