Hello,

I have a question regarding processing a WM_MOUSEMOVE or WM_MOUSEHOVER for an edit control whose parent is a toolbar; On the main window hWnd of the program, I have a toolbar hWndToolbar, and on the toolbar I have an edit control hWndEdit2;

I want to process a WM_MOUSEHOVER for the edit control hWndEdit2 (basically when the mouse is for a certain time over the edit control, I want to show in a tooltip the entire path shown in the edit control..), but I am not able to figure out how to do it; I think some possibility would be to process WM_NCMOUSEHOVER for the main window hWnd since the toolbar is part of the non-client area of the main window, but in this case I guess it might be more difficult to know when the mouse is moving on the edit control of the toolbar.

Other possibility I think would be to use subclassing; by providing a new window procedure for the toolbar (or for the edit control?)..however I have tried this but I don't know what message to process in the new window procedure for the toolbar (or for the edit control)..I have tried processing WM_MOUSEMOVE or WM_MOUSEHOVER but doesn't work..

Any help is appreciated,
Best,
D Narcis